to see Current Positions Available click Apply Online
Click above for Open Positions
Position: Click above for Open Positions
Career Level: Experienced
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
Relevant Work Experience: —
The bar back serves our guests in accordance with Horseshoe Bay Resort standards of food and beverage quality, presentation and sanitation, in a gracious and professional manner. The bar back displays aggressive hospitality and professionalism with guests, management and co-workers, and takes pride in all facets of service, quality, appearance, cleanliness, for self and for area of responsibility. To better serve our guests, the bar back is responsible for ensuring a well-stocked clean area for the bartenders.
- Bartenders have little time to clean counters, furniture, glasses and dishes when mixing drinks. The bar back typically wipes off counters and cleans equipment and dishes as needed throughout his shift and at the end of the night. This includes picking up food and drink spills and broken dishes and bottles, which are common in a busy environment.
- Take out the trash throughout the shift.
- Accept drink orders from servers in proper calling order to keep bar service at optimum level of service for our guests.
- Ensure the bartender has all the supplies needed to continually make drinks.
- Cut garnishes, fill olive and lemon trays, refill ice wells, restock liquor bottles and empty dispensers, change out beer kegs and replenish napkins, toothpicks and other basic bar supplies. This usually requires constant trips back and forth between the supply or storage room and the bar.
- Maintain and fix equipment as needed. Clear sink clogs and resolve equipment mishaps.
- The bartender and bar back typically share responsibility for setting and tearing down the bar at each shift.
- Setup includes setting out napkins, toothpicks, ashtrays, peanuts and other counter items, checking all equipment and filling all stock are other setup duties.
- Cleanup includes picking up all trash in the bar area and throwing it out, wiping down equipment and restocking all basic supplies for the next shift.
- TABC certification required